Vision and Values
- A free, no obligation educational assessment for students
- An individualised educational programme
- 3 monthly assessments and feedback
- Qualified, caring teachers trained to tutor in a way that makes the session a happy one for each child
- Tuition in maths, english, writing, spelling, reading and comprehension at all levels
- Preparation for English and Maths GCSE, year 6 SATS and 11+ entrance exams
We work by:
- Delivering work at an appropriate level for each child
- Using multi sensory activities
- Setting achievable goals
- Assigning homework designed to reinforce learning
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment in which students thrive
We create students who:
- Are more self confident
- Have greater self esteem
- Believe in their own abilities
- Enjoy learning
Kip McGrath and Technology
At our Kip McGrath centre in Peterborough North, we understand the importance of keeping at the cutting edge of educational developments. The Kip McGrath brand has over 40 years’ experience of helping children all over the world to improve their academic attainment. Right at the heart of the Kip McGrath programme is our multi-sensory approach to learning (seeing, hearing, saying and writing). This method of teaching and learning is particularly effective for dyslexic students. Our software is designed on a blue background, which really helps dyslexic children who often struggle to read on white backgrounds. This winning formula is at the core of the Insight learning platform, unique to Kip McGrath centres worldwide.
As a company, Kip McGrath Education Centres has invested in excess of £3,000,000 over the last few years developing the kind of technology that is relevant to your children. We use a learning platform called Insight, with our students with amazing results. We believe technology will never replace the outstanding quality teaching our pupils receive at our Kip McGrath centres but together … they are a truly powerful combination.
Insight creates greater independence in our students, a common goal they all strive towards achieving. We find children do not need to wait until programmes are selected for them but can manage their own workloads effectively, promoting independence and ownership of their learning. This improves both their motivation and concentration. The learning platform also allows us to monitor their level much more accurately and intervene where appropriate.
We have a wealth of resources at our fingertips on Insight. Not only do we have our comprehensive bank of computer based activities in Maths and English, but there is also a multitude of paper-based resources in PDF format at our disposal, covering just about every aspect of Maths and English. With fantastic resources at our disposal, we can guarantee we will be able to build the right programme, tailor-made for each and every pupil in our centres.
We also offer remote learning for our students. This takes different forms:
- Online Homework means we can offer a greater range of homework tasks students can complete online at home.
- At Home/onine lessons – If your child is unable to attend a session or would simply like lessons at home we can provide this. The technology available to us means that we can plan and deliver these lessons with the same quality as face-to-face sessions.
The combination of our fully-qualified, professional teachers and our fantastic learning platform Insight means Kip McGrath is the place where children really succeed!
Kip McGrath is a global franchise network with over 215 tutoring centres in the UK and Ireland and over 500 centres globally.
Over the past 40 years, we have helped hundreds of thousands of children improve their english, reading, writing, comprehension and maths skills.
We believe everybody has the right to learn to read and write and calculate, they just need to be taught properly.
The first Kip McGrath Education Centre (KMEC) opened its doors in NSW, Australia in 1976. Founded by school teachers Kip and Dug McGrath, that first tutoring centre has grown since then into a global franchise network.
Since 1976, Kip McGrath has been helping primary and secondary school age children all over the world to improve or extend their learning. With over 500 centres globally, we know what works.
Kip McGrath Education Centres
121 Park Road